Dips and sauces are excellent accompaniments for any food. From tacos to nachos, burritos, and rice, they form a great combination, and the possibilities for experimenting with different flavors are endless.
If you’re a fan of different types of sauces and dips and are looking for healthier alternatives for your favorite recipes, this article is for you as we have jotted down some of the best options to try at home.
Creamy vanilla nut butter
Nut butter is a creamy and delicious option to be savory and sweet simultaneously. Macadamia nut butter is one of the most famous and delicious nut butter in stores.
- Raw macadamia nuts
- Sea salt
- Vanilla bean paste
- Do not toast or roast the macadamia nuts
- Toss the raw nuts into a food processor and add sea salt to it
- Run the processor until it turns smooth and creamy
- Add vanilla bean paste and process it again for a few seconds to help thoroughly incorporate it
- Transfer it into a jar or storage container and enjoy
- To make it sweeter, raw honey can be added along with vanilla bean paste
Bourbon Cranberry sauce
It is a well-deserved twist to the traditional cranberry sauce, which brings out the zesty flavor of cranberry in every bite.
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- High-quality bourbon or whiskey
- Maple syrup
- Orange juice
- Orange zest
- Cinnamon stick
- Combine the maple syrup, cinnamon stick, orange zest and juice, water, and a pinch of salt together in a large sauce pit
- Bring the ingredients to a simmer and whisk them simultaneously
- Once it starts simmering, add all the cranberries and simmer for another 20 minutes
- Cook them until the mixture is mushy
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for a couple of minutes for it to thicken
- Once done, discard the cinnamon stick and garnish it with orange zest
Spinach and artichoke dip
If you’re looking for a vegan option for the spinach and artichoke dip, here is the best recipe you can try and serve with your favorite chips, veggies, or crackers.
- Artichoke hearts
- White miso paste
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Lemon or apple cider vinegar
- Seasonings like onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and spinach herb seasoning.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Blend all the ingredients except spinach and artichoke in a blender
- Place the artichoke and spinach in a baking dish and pour the blended mixture on top1
- Cover it with foil and bake it for about ten minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and serve it hot or cold.